- Experience level: Senior
- Tech stack used: Python, Kubernetes, Linux
- Primary skills we consider: Python
- Secondary skills we consider: Kubernetes, Microservices, Docker, GCP, Maths, Machine Learning
- Compensation: £65,000 - £90,000
- Employment type: Permanent
- Remote working: Flexible remote (up to 4 days p/w)
- Visa sponsorship: No
We are looking for a brilliant senior developer who wants an exciting and challenging role with Kortical, that is on a mission to help every company become an AI company via our ML SaaS platform.
We are a python shop so proficiency is ideal but languages are easy to learn if you know how to code, so don’t worry if you’re not a pure python dev, if you can code expertly in one language then you can get up to speed with python. We also use kubernetes so if you have experience in that then great, again it can be learned quickly. Experience of testing, committing and deploying good code, is a must.
Our office is based in London, Waterloo but we have worked remotely throughout lockdown. Going forward we expect to have some set office days where the team gets together but also a set remote working component. Currently most of the team are 4 days at home and 1 in the office.
- A lean/experimental approach to iterative feature development, that will result in high quality features and code
- Preferred good understanding of Kubernetes eco-system or knowledge of Kubernetes
- Team player that is happy to help out others
You will be part of a small but growing team of developers, developing features that are discussed in our weekly task review or for bigger projects mapped out in a design session.
We try to balance the rapid user testing / move fast and break things approach to user facing feature creation to make something users love, with a more rigorous approach to architecture and infrastructure, that allows us to deploy with confidence into the enterprise. We’ve already built an impressive set of tooling to automate our development processes and operations and continue to improve and optimise our ways of working.
Just as every company is now a tech company, they will also have to be an AI company to survive. Currently 85% of ML projects fail and we are on a mission to turn that statistic upside down!
Google, AWS, Azure are all essentially a box of tools, and you need a strong multi-skilled team to assemble a fully scalable ML solution. Then there are those platforms that are like ready made family saloon cars, not customisable and not everyone’s first choice of car. At Kortical we believe in having the best of both worlds, a ready made sports car that is fully transparent and customisable.
Our approach is to make a platform that is editable in code and accelerates the creation of ML solutions from years to weeks, all while delivering Superhuman AI results. And big names like the NHS, BT and Deloitte have seen awesome results from using Kortical.
We are a fast growing brand and have been listed as one of the top 20 hottest AI start-ups in the UK by PWC (Oct 21) and have won innovation awards from the FCA and Awards.ai. While we are profitable, we are looking to raise another round of funding Q1 2022 to build the team and accelerate our growth faster.
It’s not purely about technical proficiency and we place a big emphasis on team. Pandemic aside, we often go out for a drink together (soft or hard, it is about the conversation), we do team lunches on the company every two weeks and also do quarterly “Mandatory Fun Days” where we vote on an activity and celebrate the successes afterwards. On the softer skills side, the person we’re looking for should:
- Take pride in producing great work and seeing it through to completion
- Be approachable and enjoy helping others
- Enjoy being part of a team doing something cool
- Have a passion for complex problem solving
- Believe that the best idea should win and be objective about collaborative design
- Medical Insurance
- Share Options - we want everyone to share in the success of this start-up
Call, test, interview with founders & offer!
Fill out the form below with:
- Why you are interested in the role
- A short paragraph summary of what experience you have
- No need to send a CV just your LinkedIn profile
We will be in touch if your skills match the role
Get In Touch
Whether you're just starting your AI journey or looking for support in improving your existing delivery capability, please reach out.